The long awaited panel “Beyond Solo” at this year’s Comic Con convention held in San Diego has finally happened and boy, what a newsworthy event it was. Thanks to our fansite compadres at Darth Hater and Ask a Jedi we were able to read the news as they happened. Here’s a recapitulation of the most important thing we have learned during the panel.
- Ship customization and space combat
- Space combat is an alternative gameplay experience to the primary game of storytelling, questing, and ground-based combat.
- You fly your personal ship to various “hot spots” on your galaxy map (Speculation: no free roam space flight exists but rather “instanced” hot spots)
- In these hot spots you will blast your way through asteroid fields, enemy fighters, frigates, destroyers, and a variety of other obstacles that will evoke memories of some of the great Star Wars™ space battles
- The story arcs are both worldly and galactic. (You will have quests arcs specific to a single planet and more global, galactic, story arcs)
- You can not switch factions.
- World quests, “flashpoints” (?) and story arcs are included
- You can customize your companions with gear similar to Mass Effect
- Only one companion can join you on missions.
- Your player name is in your companion’s nameplate
- Each class story as big as original KoTOR, and no one shares content! (that is 8 KOTOR games right there)
- Mandalorians play a large part in the game.
- Some alien race restrictions when picking classes
- Progression will be very important and can be achieved through tons of gear and crafting, etc. (you will need to “work” for these rewards)
- You will be able to determine the build of a character based on visual style (Jedi consular with double bladed lightsaber is DPS while single bladed consular is healer)
We expect videos and images to pour in from the event and we’ll update this post accordingly. There is also a Dev meet later on today and we expect more tidbits from there, but I am guessing not as big as the space combat reveal.
3 Responses to “Swtor Comic Con panel recap”