On day 2 of the Fan Site Summit in Austin a PvP presentation was scheduled. Unfortunately, Derek and me had to leave early to catch our flights back home so we missed most of the action. We did attend the Q&A with Gabe Amatangelo, but never got to actually participate in PvP. I’ll lay out the most important stuff we heard at the Q&A and link to coverage from other sites that were present and got to fight it out.
- You will be able to cast Crowd Control abilities on an enemy character only a set amount of times before they become immune to CC. There is a thing called resolve bar, that will be visible below each character’s HP bar, that fills up each time a CC ability lands on that character. When the resolve bar is full – character is immune.
- Score in PvP battlegrounds is divided among several categories: Healing done, Damage done and Defending done. Defending is related to the ammount of damage tank characters absorb on behalf of their allies this is done through the “Guard” ability every tank character has
- Guard ability lets you select an ally and cast this ability on him. This will “link” their health to the tank’s and 50% of all damage the “guarded” character receives is damaging the tank instead.
- There will be special PvP zones that once you enter you are automatically flagged for PvP. Even on PvE serves!
- As reward from PvP You get Valor points which are an alternative leveling system that lets you purchase PvP rewards once you reach certain Valor level. These rewards will not be too powerful when compared to PvE gear of similar class; 10-20% at most. This is more of a way of providing players with means to distinguish themselves as PvP players to the general population.
- Once the battleground is over you can actually vote for (commend) one player you think contributed the most. Person that was elected the most useful will get more rewards.
- Players that go on special streaks (like kill 10 enemies in a row without dying) get “badges” and their achievement is announced to everyone in the battleground so you know who is doing well/to avoid.
- Another battleground was revealed and it is called the Voidstar. The objective of this battleground is for one team to attack the enemy’s base objective by objective until they captured them all. At the end teams switch sides and the match continues.
Mos Eisley Radio
Ask a Jedi
Corellian Run Radio
The Jedi Consular: PvP Impressions
Exclusive Video: BioWare’s Gabe Amatangelo Discusses PvP in Star Wars: The Old Republic (Part 1)
Exclusive Video – BioWare’s Gabe Amatangelo Discusses PvP in Star Wars: The Old Republic (Part 2)
Exclusive Video: Gabe Amatangelo – Forbidden Questions
TORWars Asks YOUR Questions – Q&A with SWTOR’s Lead PvP Designer, Gabe Amatangelo (Full Text)
Alderaan Civil War: Our PvP Warzone Impressions
OldRep.de (Gamona) – in German
2 Responses to “PvP Fan Site Summit Coverage Collection”